Tuesday 9 December 2014

Digipak Typography

I have been looking at RnB artists albums and I have been analysing the typography used on the albums. I decided that the album name will be called "Janelle Scott" which is the artists name as a majority of RnB albums name are of the artist. From researching into RnB artist albums, I noticed that typography styles are very simplistic but have a funky style to them which has been used for decades. A a result of this, I will be using only the artist name and this will their global label. 


After searching RnB albums typography. I went on www.dafont.com to have a look at the range of the fonts. There was six fonts which I liked but I was not sure which one to use, so i decided to do a questionnaire with my class and teachers. It was handed out to 17 people between the ages of 17-26. After the  questionnaire was done , I gathered the results in the form of a tally chart which was a much faster way to see which font was the most liked. 

The results from the questionnaire, show that Lighthouse by Mans Greback was the most popular. However, I don't feel that this font suits my chosen music genre and the didfipak. I spoke to Sinead about the results from the questionnaire and she said that she really feel the fonts that I chose portray my chosen genre. After the conversation I decided to a look through the website again to find the right the font. 






After looking at several fonts I decided to change the fonts above to "Andes", I really like this font as it has an 80's and modern feel to it. It also reminded me of Estelle's Album "Shine".



           








No comments:

Post a Comment